This is what a grown up grilled cheese should look and taste like, one with some oomph and spice… Tell me this does not have character and taste, really, try this and tell me that it is bland and boring…
And what’s better is that it is extremely healthy, filling and truly easy to whip up…
Tomo-cado Sandwich Recipe
2 slices multigrain bread
1 Avocado sliced
1 medium vine ripe tomato sliced
2 slices pepper jack cheese
1 teaspoon garlic flavored olive oil
Your favorite hot sauce, siracha or any other.
1. Add oil to a saucepan and lightly toast the bread on both sides till golden brown.
2. While on low heat, layer one slice with cheese and avocado, and the other with cheese and tomatoes.
3. As the heat melts the cheese and the tomatoes stick to it, flip it onto the toast with the avocados
4. Apply pressure with the spatula so the cheese melts and holds the veggies together.
5. Slice and serve with pickles or stuffed olives.